While regular Forms can be used to collect informations from registered users and produce formatted documents, the Web Forms can be used to collect informations and answers from everybody, without the need to be a LogicalDOC user.
You can use this feature to launch campaigns and collect answers from a huge audience and elaborate your statistics.
Everything starts from a regular Form for which you enable the Web capabilities:
The Web Form can be accessed by everybody at the Preview url you see in the forms list.
You can customize the appearence of the web form with a set of settings:
- Collect Emails: if the responder must specify his email
- Width: horizontal width in pixels
- Columns: number of columns in which to organize the fields
- Background: the background color
- Title: title to display
- Description: a description of the form
- Footer: the text to display in the footer
- Confirmation message: the message to display to the responder when he submits the answers
- Custom CSS: an optional CSS code to customize the styles
- Header: an optional image to put in the header
Web Form Url
The web form url can be published to the world so your audience can fill the answers. Everybody can fill the form, it is not required to be registered as LogicalDOC user.
Each submision of a web form is stored as a regular document (in the folder specified by the Destination setting) where the responses are saved as extended attributes.
In the Responses tab you see all the responses received by the system.
You may ask LogicalDOC to notify a set of users when new responses has been received.
LogicalDOC also renders some statisics for the different answers.