The system can store emails and their attachments by downloading them from remote email accounts. You can configure a number of email accounts so that they will be regularly inspected by the system searching for new posts to be imported as documents.
In this panel you can see the currently existing accounts.
To add a new account, you have to click on [Add account] button. These are the standard Properties:
- Email account
- Server Host
- Username (optional)
- Password (optional)
- Target: the folder inside the documents archive in which to save documents
- Language: in which documents will be imported
- Protocol: POP3 or IMAP. In the case of IMAP server is possible to specify the folder from which will be retrieved the e-mails
It is possible to specify other settings (tab Ext. Properties) to control other aspects of import, in particular:
- Mail Folder: in case of import with IMAP protocol it is possible to specify the import source folder
- Format: you can import the email divided in multiple files or import as one single .eml file
- Include: contains a comma-separated list of extensions, defining the only types of attachment that can be downloaded
- Exclude: not allowed extensions (comma-separated list)
Into the [Filters] tab you can set one or more email filters. So you can specify a folder inside documents archive in which will be stored all the emails that match the filter.
Note: Only active mailboxes will be inspected at regular intervals by the scheduled task [Email Download].