Into the [Import Archives] panel you can configure the import from archives.
Into the [Import Archives] tab you can see all the archives already imported or that are still waiting to be imported into the system. For each archive, are showed the following informations:
- Creation date
- Number of documents
- The user that has created the archive, that can be different from the user that has imported the archive.
Initially the archives are in the Opened status and ready to be imported by the scheduled task Archive Importer: for each archive, the task verifies if it is valid, sets its status to Closed and starts the import of documents. At the end, if no errors have occurred, the archive goes to the final status Finalized. If, instead, you want to delete an archive, right click on the item and select [Delete].
Selecting an archive item, you can see its details and settings that you can modify:
- Import templates: whether or not to import all templates that are not currently stored into the system and which are associated with one or more documents to be imported. If you choose to not import the templates, the documents will be associated with default template.
- Import Custom IDs: the import policy regarding the documents custom IDs:
- Ignore: the documents custom IDs are not imported, then the system will create a new custom ID for each document according to the associated template.
- Import as new release: if an importing document has the same custom ID of a document already stored into the system, then the system generates a new release of that document with the metadata of the document to be imported.
- Import as new subversion: if an importing document has the same custom ID of a document already stored into the system, then the system generates a new subversion of that document with the metadata of the document to be imported.
- Import as new document: if an importing document has the same custom ID of a document already stored into the system, then the system generates a new document with a new custom ID.
Into the [Incoming Bundles] tab is showed all the bundles that you want to import. You have to insert this folders into <repository>/data/impex/in, the system recognizes the new folders and shows them on the list. After that, right click on the bundle item and then select [Import this bundle]: the system creates a new import archive, that you can see into the list on the first tab [Import Archives]. If, instead, you want to delete a bundle, right click on the item and select [Delete].
NOTE: If, during the execution of the scheduled task Archive Importer some errors occur, the archive doesn't go to the finalized status, but goes to an error status and to the archive item is associated an error icon. Into the log file of the scheduled task, you can see all the occurred errors.
NOTE: For each archive into the [Import Archives] list you can modify the archive settings, but when the scheduled task starts to import the documents, the settings cannot be modified.
NOTE: The imported documents are not immediately indexed. So you have to wait the scheduled task Documents indexing.